Sunday, August 1, 2010

OSHKOSH 2010

The Boys expressed a desire to go to Oshkosh for the annual EAA fly-in. I don't need my arm twisted to go out and fly for 11 or more hours in a weekend, let alone a 36 hour period so I flew up to Provo at noon on Friday (I worked the morning), picked up Ian and Jordan, and off we flew to Oshkosh.

My good friend Chuck Schroll was kind enough to borrow and bring a tent big enough to hold 10 people. With only 5 of us, it was very roomy. Here it is set up next to his Maule. He even had air mattresses all pumped up and ready for us. Thanks Chuck.


I didn't enter the Lancair this year into the competition, but we had lots of visitors to admire N6XG.

Jordan liked the look of this little 1950's plane. Basically the same as the Cessna 140 he flies as far as size, speed, etc. Only 5 were built.
One of only two flying P-38's. Both were at Oshkosh this year
We all got free hats and posters at the Honda Jet. Beautiful!!!
The boys enjoyed seeing all of the big iron war planes. It was a great trip.


No comments: