Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Grand Canyon

Florence and I never get tired of the Grand Canyon. You would think we would after all of the times that it has kick us and beat us up. But NO! We got up at 4:30 am on Saturday morning, hopped in the Lancair and flew up to Grand Canyon Airport. Total flight time--42 minutes.



We hiked down the Bright Angel Trail. There was a little ice on the trail up top, and still lots of snow off to the side. But as always, beautiful views.
Here we are just outside of Indian Gardens. It took us 3 hours 7 minutes to hike down to Phantom Ranch on the Bright Angel Trail
This was taken on the South Kaibab Trail about half way up
No, we didn't take a rest here. It was just too good of a vista to pass up. We hiked from Phantom Ranch to the top of the South Kaibab Trail in 2 hours, 50 minutes.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

It's been WAY too long since I have been there. Your pictures are gorgeous! I bet you had some nice weather!