Florence and I departed Chandler in our Cessna 180 and headed towards Page, AZ. Chuck Schroll, Joey Flynn, Michael and Lenni Stone departed from Tucson and we landed within 1 minute of each other.
Michael Stone had arranged for us to be picked up at the airport and taken to Antelope Canyon. Here is a picture in the canyon. Pretty incredible.
After touring Antelope Canyon we took off again in route towards Bluff UT. We flew low over Lake Powell.
I think we only saw one boat on the entire lake. The water was glassy.
After going over Lake Powell, Monument Valley and Canyon lands, we landed at Bluff, UT and stayed the night. We toured the original location of the pioneers assigned to settle Bluff.
From Bluff, UT we flew to "The Caveman Ranch" located right on the banks of the Colorado River. A very nice dirt/gravel landing strip. All of the caves were under construction so we all stayed in this lodge above.
We were the only guest there, thus the great parking arrangements for both Chuck and I.
It was very laid back--fun playing horseshoes.
A hike along the Colorado River
Lots of red rock
Chuck and I flew off and flew to a couple of back country short strips down in the canyons. Everyone else stayed and relaxed at the Caveman Ranch
On the way home we stopped in Monticello, UT for fuel.
A great trip with great friends!!
No comments:
Post a Comment