Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lexington to Concord and Boston

We woke up Wednesday morning, caught a subway to the North Station. We then boarded a commuter train and traveled 30 minutes south to Concord.


We rented bikes across from the train station and rode the trail to Lexington.


As you can see the fall colors were in full bloom along the way


We ran into a flock of wild turkey's. Or is it a gaggle?



Lots of colors


These were the left overs from a local pumpkin patch along the trail.


The Old North Bridge in Concord





We then rode out bikes out to Walden Pond.


Alyssa imitating one of her teachers at Walden Pond


Getting on the commuter train back to Boston. We are standing at the Concord station.


Wednesday night we went out to dinner at Giacomo's in Little Italy. Over a 30 minute wait but it was worth it.


Florence and Alyssa at our table with the menu on the wall.


On Friday we woke up to rain. Lots of it. And fog. But that did not slow us down. We walked the entire Freedom trail starting at Boston Commons and ending at the USS Constitution.


Along the way I took a picture of a Honda school bus.


Here we are on the USS Constitution.


Since we were close to little italy when we finished walking the freedom trail, it was an Italian lunch then off to Mike's Pastry.




We passed this car garage and I had to ask--how much do people pay to park a car each month. My guess was $700-$800/ month.

I was close. It is $675.00/ month. But that is after you pay $275,000.00 to buy the parking spot in the first place. Oh by the way there are no spots currently for sale.

I guess I better take Boston off my short list of potential places to move to.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: