We traveled via ferry service first to Menaggio across the lake.

We wandered the streets there, got some suggestions for a hike from the tourist information office and set off on a 90 minute excursion up the,lake.

A typical ferry boat here.

Then it was off to Bellagio, the same village that the big las Vegas casino was designed after.

We got a couple of pizza's for lunch.

This is a villa along the way of another hike we took up and out of Bellagio.

Then it was back to our little village, admit is by far the littlest one of the bunch. We love it. There is an old fortress above the city that we wanted to hike to. So we did.

About 1,300 ft of elevation up top with these great views.

Looking out of the fortress.



Our little village looking straight down.

I thought this was a pretty good description of Florence and I. She even wears a hiking skirt once in a while like the gal in the sign.

Typical hiking trail. Mostly built in the 1,600's give or take.

How about that for a villa on the lake?



If there was any type of fortress, church, monetary or ruin up on a hill we climbed to it. And it was always with the view.


We attempted a swim. Cooooold. My temperature gauge on my watch showed 55 degrees. Wow. Way below southern California temperatures that I already complain about.
What's left of our trip?
Tomorrow we leave our hotel at 7 am.
A 15 minute walk to the train station.
10-15 minute wait for the train to arrive.
A 65 minute train ride to Milan.
Catch a bus to one of the Milan airports, they have three. 30 minute ride.
Check in for our flight. Clear security.
Flight to London one hour fifty minutes
One hour forty minute layover
Clear security again and get to our gate.
Ten plus hours from London to Phoenix.
US customs, immigration.
Collapse into bed after being on the move 21 hours since leaving our hotel.
Yes, this is fun. And yes, we have had quite the adventure with each other!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
2 comments:
I hope you still like each other after a day like tomorrow. Good luck! And I don't know about that sign... looks to me like mom is wearing the backpack.
Glad you guys got to swim. That was my biggest question....i.e., "Well, did you swim? And the name of the lake? That is pretty nippy water. I think the coledst I have swum was 51 in the Colorado for 25 seconds. Did you get to swim in any rivers? The name of the white-water river you floated? Mark
Post a Comment